- Add firmness to the buttocks
- Improve overall buttocks shape & position
- Remove loose skin on the back of the upper thighs and on the buttocks
- Accentuate curves of the buttocks
- Increase buttocks volume (if desired)
Buttock Lift Surgery
In most cases, your buttock lift surgery will be performed under general anesthesia. The length of surgery can vary from 2-3 hours. Liposuction is first performed to remove any unwanted fat. In most cases, an incision is made along the top of the buttocks, and sometimes as well in the bottom crease of each buttocks cheek. Excess tissue and skin is removed, and the skin is pulled tight and sutured up. If you have chose to have fat transferred (through liposuction of another area on your body) it will be injected to provide more volume and contour to the shape of your buttocks. Once surgery is completed, you will be transferred to the recovery room and sent home to rest.
Procedures to Combine with A Buttock Lift
- Thigh Lift – excess skin from the thighs and the buttocks can be removed during the same surgery, for a well-proportioned lower body.
- Fat Transfer – liposuction can be performed to remove unwanted fat on other areas of the body such as the abdomen, and then transferred into the buttocks. This will add volume and definition to the shape and overall contour of the buttocks.
- Liposuction – removal of fat from other areas of the body, such as the flanks or thighs will help enhance the shape of the buttocks.
Recovery & Results of Buttock Lift
Risks & Complications with Buttock Lift
- Necrosis of fat or surrounding tissue – skin loss can occur after a surgery that involves compromised blood supply. Chances increase after a hematoma or seroma occur.
- Infection – an infection can occur after any type of surgery; however a buttock lift involves large incisions and the location of the incisions increase infection risk. Proper hygiene after using the washroom, and proper wound care can help minimize this risk.
- Seroma – fluid accumulation can occur near the incision. If the seroma is tiny, it can be resolved on its own. If it is large, it can be drained by your plastic surgeon.
- Deep vein thrombosis – blood clots in the venous system can occur after surgeries that are long in length. Inactivity after surgery can increase the chance of DVT.
Get in Touch with Clinic 360
Brazilian Butt Lift
Anaesthesia & Sedation
Choosing the Right Surgeon
Buttock Lift FAQ
How much does a buttock lift cost?
What will I experience during my butt lift recovery?
What is the difference between a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) and Buttock Lift?
Are the results from a buttock lift permanent?
To maintain results from a buttock lift it is best not to gain or lose more weight.