Vaginal relaxation can affect both the internal vaginal canal and the labia minora and majora (the inner and outer vaginal “lips”). Some women opt for a full transformation of the genital area in a procedure that combines vaginoplasty, which focuses on tightening the vaginal canal and reducing the diameter of the vaginal opening, and labiaplasty, which aims to correct enlarged, elongated or irregular labia. The combination of these procedures is often referred to as vaginal rejuvenation.
Combined Labiaplasty & Vaginoplasty
HOW IS A Vaginal Rejuvenation PERFORMED?
What Other Procedures Can be Performed with Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Clitoral Hood Reduction (Hoodectomy): excess skin surrounding the clitoris (known as the “prepuce”) is trimmed or removed completely in order to better expose the clitoris for greater sensitivity during intercourse
- Mons Pubis Reduction: Lifts the area between the belly and vagina, often through a combination of liposuction and surgical skin removal
- Hymenoplasty: Reconstruction of the hymen, or vaginal barrier
- Laser De-Pigmentation: Using pulses of light, darkened or discoloured labial tissue is corrected
- Perineoplasty: Repair of the area between the anus and vaginal opening (known as the perineum), which may have been damaged due to difficult childbirth
- Other cosmetic procedures: Such as breast augmentation, liposuction, or rhinoplasty (nose job) can also be simultaneously performed, depending on your surgeon
What to Expect After Vaginal Rejuvenation
IntimaLase Non-Surgical Laser Vaginal Tightening
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
Hymenoplasty (Hymen Restoration)
Choosing the Right Surgeon
Vaginal Rejuvenation FAQ
What is vaginal rejuvenation?
Why do women undergo vaginal rejuvenation procedures?
Vaginal rejuvenation includes vaginoplasty, which aims to tighten the vaginal canal and restore sexual sensitivity lost as a result of reduced friction during intercourse; and labiaplasty, which focuses on aesthetically improving the labia, but can also serve a functional role. Many women experience pain and discomfort associated with enlarged labia that may rub or pinch during exercise, slip inside the body during intercourse, and/or prevent them from wearing tight clothing. Vaginal rejuvenation can provide effective relief for these conditions.